Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The End Is Near: LOST


It's Comic-con 2004. I stand with my mom waiting to be let into Ballroom 20 to see the cast of some new show called Lost. I'm really only there to see Dominic Monaghan from The Lord of the Rings. The doors open and people scramble for good seats towards the front. My mom and I get the third row back from the front. The big screen in front of us to our left and the panel which would be in front of us to our right.
As the host for the panel comes out to great the people we all scream and cheer for pure excitement. They announce the cast as they come out to the stage. I don't recognize anyone except Dominic. I scream with enthusiasm. Some girl named Evangeline Lily and some guy named Mathew Fox are on the panel too. Finally they show us most of the pilot episode for this strange show.

...

The pilot ended and the room had a new buzz. This was a show unlike any other. We we're hooked. We we're now acquainted with the actors and I wasn't just there for Dom anymore. I was there for Lost. My new obsession.

Fast forward 6 years and I now have a different type of excitement. A bittersweet excitement... Lost is on its last two hours of story time. I think back to all the memories I have of the show. Who I watched it with, the fans I got to speak too, and even the time I went to a sci-fi convention and got to meet Evangeline Lily (Kate), Naveen Andrews (Sayid), and Ian Somerhalder (boone).
No other show has enthralled me with it's story the way Lost has.

As I gather my thoughts on what the final hours will be like I can only be grateful that I got to be a part of Lost since the very beginning; in that over crowded ballroom waiting for something exciting to happen.

I Love You Lost

No comments:

Post a Comment