Monday, June 7, 2010

Comic Con


So today I printed out my confirmation pages for Comic Con. I got me excited because now it feels like it's just around the corner.

What is it about the Con that makes it so special? When you're there and you're walking the exhibit hall it seems like the outside world doesn't exist. No work, no school, no bills, no drama. Nothing but a playground for children and adults alike.

Perhaps part of the appeal of Comic Con (or any other convention at that) is there is something magical about being surrounded by thousands of people who share common interests in what you like. It's a place to meet and make new friends. Every year I know I look forward to seeing familiar faces. People who I've connected with.

So right now it's the beginning of June and as July approaches I become even more excited to see who will be there, who I might get the chance to meet, and most of all I am excited to walk the main floor for the hidden treasures I might find.

No comments:

Post a Comment